Monday, June 11, 2007

Raleigh Record Ace 1982


Since I'm on a bit of a roll with the old 27" touring bikes, I'm reliving my teenage years a bit and buying a bunch and doing the hell hell parts swap from hell. Here's a Raleigh Record Ace which I'm trying to get as close to the Trek 720 as I can. Most of the running gear is taken from my old Bridgestone T700, which was always a bit small, so it's v

ery much like the Trek except it's running Shimano gears instead of Suntour. The Shimano barcons are smaller than the sountour and don't have ratchets.

Apart from that, same mudguards, also has sealed hubs and BB, same bars, same brake levers (all my bikes have Dia Compe levers, they're great), different pedals but still MKS, same tyres (Schwalbe Marathons) and same saddle. And the Raleigh is a 1982, like the Trek. How good!

No comments: