Wednesday, June 09, 2004


The Bridgestone T700, February 2004. If you were in NZ on this month you'll know about the constant storms, the flooding, the stock losses, the washed out bridges and the families stuck out all night on their roofs of their houses. Fortunately, in my part of Wellington nothing too bad happened and one day it was blowing a terrific northerly and I had to take advantage of it. So, I jumped on a train and went up to the head of the Hutt Valley and got blown 50km home along the Hutt River track. It's mostly gravel with a bit of sealed road and some mud. The Bridgestone was great, with the Conti Toup Touring's inverted tread giving just enough traction while the mudguards and extra flappy thing keeping the worst of it out of my eyes. Also rahter enjoyable getting small amounts of air off wee judder bars:) And I was still clean enough by the time I got to Lower Hutt to nip into an art gallery without leaving crud everywhere. Life was good! Posted by Hello

1 comment:

Chaitai said...

Such a beautiful classic bike, my setup (brooks, exact same stem and bars) is very similar but its a white one!